Small and Mighty 500 Lumen Weapon Light with Aiming Laser
Experience the TLR in a new light. The small and mighty TLR-8 with a red laser securely fits a broad range of full-size and compact handguns. Low-profile design prevents snagging and a “safe off” feature prevents accidental activation, saving batteries.
- Features white LED and 640-660nm red laser
- 500 lumens; 131m beam; runs 1.5 hours (light only or light/laser combo); runs 18 hours (laser only); 4,300 candela
- Custom optic produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination
- Low-profile ambidextrous on/off switch
- Uses one CR123A lithium battery (included)
- Safe off feature on bezel prevents accidental activation; saves batteries
- Rail grip clamp system securely attaches/detaches quickly and safely with no tools and without putting your hands in front of muzzle
- Securely fits a broad range of full-sized and compact guns
- Durable, anodized machined aluminum construction
- User enabled strobe function
- Operating temperature: -20°F to +120°F
- IPX4 water-resistant
- Assembled in USA
- High Lumens: 500
- Run Time: 1.50 hours
- Beam Distance: 131 meters
- Max Candela: 4,300
- Battery Type: CR123A Lithium
- Battery Quantity: 1
- Length: 2.15"
- Width: 1.18"
- Height: 1.50"
- Weight: 165
- Material/Lens: 6000 Series machined aircraft aluminum with black anodized finish. Switch housing: Impact and chemical resistant engineered polymer with elastomeric overmold. Borofloat high temperature glass
- Light Source/Output: C4 LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime. 640-660nm red laser. 500 lumens; 4,300 candela; 131m beam; runs 1.5 hours LED only or LED/laser combo; runs 18 hours laser only. User enabled strobe function
- Switch: Low-profile, ambidextrous, multi-function push-button side switch
- Battery: Powered by one CR123A lithium battery (included)
- Approvals: Meets applicable European Community Directives
I have now purchased six (6) TLR-8s; all the self-defense pistols in my vehicles, home, and workshop are equipped with the same amazing light/laser combos. The TLR-8's compact size and light weight makes them hardly noticeable on full and mid-size pistols (e.g., 1911 Combat Commander, Sig P-226, P-229, PT-809, etc.). The 500 Lumen light is nicely focused and plenty bright enough for in-door and/or out-door use at practical handgun distances. Several of my pistols wore TLR-2 HL (800 Lumen) units before the TLR-8 was introduced - comparing the illumination against my garage on a moonless Arizona-dessert night at 40 yards, the differences between the two units was negligible. The "lock off" feature (preventing accidental activation) is a welcome addition - I'm sure I'm not the only person to have discovered dead batteries in their TLR-1 or -2 due to the switch being bumped on in a holster, case, or glove-box. I also prefer the new "tap on, tap off" user interface; much easier and more intuitive than the previous rocker switch, All-in-all, StreamLight hit a Grand Slam Home Run with the new TLR-8!
The light is tremendously bright, but I took off a half star because the light is a 'warm' yellow color, not a crisp, blue, natural color. That's certainly just a preference, but I think the cooler colors provide better light and a more effective 'blinding' effect for potential intruders. The other half star is because I think the activation buttons could be improved a bit. I would prefer a bit larger, more tactile activation buttons. Hard to beat the Crimson Trace 'paddles' as a design concept but i've had terrible factory defect issues with CT. Streamlight has always been rock solid for me. And i'll take function over form every time. Other than that, this this is awesome in every way. I love the mounting mechanism - not complex, easy to get on and off, but secure and effective. Love that the unit is incredibly compact for the specs and features. Looks great on a full size gun or even a compact. I think 5 stars should be reserved for total perfection. So although I gave it 4/5, that's still outstanding and I would absolutely buy more or recommend this unit to anyone.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)