IcePlate is the world's most powerful and efficient cooling, heating and hydration system. It ergonomically holds 50 oz of water and gives you control over your environment -- keeping you safer, lighter, cooler (or warmer), and hydrated.
In hot conditions, fill and freeze IcePlate for an unparalleled 70 Watts of cooling power per plate, keeping your core body temperature where you want it for hours. As the ice melts, you will have ice cold water to drink. In cold weather, fill IcePlate with warm water for year-round thermal comfort. Our proprietary TotalDrain Technology lets you finally drink all the water you are carrying, meaning no wasted weight. IcePlate delivers a 30% storage density advantage compared to bottled water.
Forget the awkward canteens and bottled water of the past - IcePlate is gently contoured to your body and flexible yet super durable, even adding protection for body armor users. IcePlate can be custom molded at home to match the curvature of your hard armor plates.
IcePlate is a breeze to clean -- just pop it in the dishwasher or rinse with hot water. No other hydration system can match its unique game-changing capabilities. Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- 27" Hose
- Anti-Kink Spring
IcePlate can be worn between a Combat Shirt (or any base layer shirt) and a plate carrier.It is designed to be secured using any number of field-expedient, improved lashing options: folded over 100mph tape, 550 cord, shoelaces, zip ties or the included Velcro straps. Drawing on the existing practice of war-fighters freezing bottled water before going out on patrol, IcePlate is worn and stored in a frozen state. Once deployed, body heat melts the ice; cooling the user and creating cool, clean drinking water simultaneously. The IcePlate fits with all types of armor (soft and hard) without modification for most missions. For missions where additional security is required, strap loops are built into the IcePlate. These strap loops allow IcePlate to be worn in a variety of configurations, with and without armor.
- 140+ watts of cooling when frozen (front and back IcePlates)
- 50+ ounce capacity per IcePlate
- <12 oz. empty bottle weight
- 30%+ greater storage density vs. bottled water
- Optimized for Pelican Coolers
- Fits any body armor configuration/rig
- Can be worn with or without armor using top and side strap loops (optional)
- TotalDrain Technology ensures total consumption, reduced contamination risk
- Screw top for easy refill and addition of electrolyte tablets
- Recessed fill port minimizes injury risk to neck/throat area in blast events
- Dimensions: 10" by 12" by 1"
- Weight: About 12 oz.
- Capacity: 50 oz (1.5 L)
- Cooling Duration: Lasts 2-4 hours, freeze overnight (6-8 hours)
- Heating Duration: Lasts 3-5 hours filled with hot water (like a Bunn commercial coffee maker) between 150-190F, depending on personal preference/safety and outside temperature
- BPA-free, FDA Approved, Dishwasher Safe Thermopolymer
- Made in USA
Note: The drink hose is PERMANENTLY ATTACHED to the IcePlate. Removal or modification of the hose or hose/IcePlate interface will void the warranty.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Great product!! Having used numerous other hydration systems in various countries and conflicts, I can safely say this is the best way to stay cool and have cold drinking water. Bagged water that sits on your back and is attached to your vest by molle gets warm quick and provides no cooling benefits. An external hydration system also makes it awkward to sit in a seat in an armored vehicle.
when worn under your body armor, you can use zip ties to attach them, just be sure to cut the ends off the tiptoes and make sure the cut ends point away from your face. Your trauma plate pouch may be big enough to hold the ice plate and your SAPI. Use these under a bomb suit or in a Level A suit for cooling. they work great.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)