Maxa Beam MBS-430-Y Series 12,000,000 Candlepower Quick Mount Searchlight
- Peak Beam Maxa Beam
- 22.00 LBS
|Model||Input voltage||Connector style||Control method||Lens style
|Ingress protection||Mating connectors included?|
|MBS-430-Y||12VDC||Plastic||Wired Remote Switches||Standard Spyder Lens
1° Spot to 40° Flood
|MBS-430-RSY||Plastic||Wired Remote Switches RS-232 Serial Control||IP66||No|
Quick-Mount Searchlights feature 12,000,000 CandlePower output and a 3,500 meter range. Searchlights can be controlled using either wired switches or an RS-232 serial interface.
The Maxa Beam’s powerful output and strobe enable the searchlight to perform critical roles within the non-lethal spectrum, including:
- Long Range Detection and Identification
- Explicit Warning and Deterrence
- Ocular Disruption and Distraction
- Temporary Flashblindness, Decreased Hand-Eye Coordination and Nausea
Non-Lethal effects are scalable and can be adapted to a variety of escalation of force applications including border security, vehicle checkpoints, harbor security, shipboard protection, crowd control, and perimeter surveillance.
Quick-Mount Searchlight Options Include:
- Connector Style – Locking Circular Plastic Connectors or MIL-DTL-38999 Series III Metal Connectors
- Control Method – Wired Remote Switches or RS-232 Serial Interface
- Lens Style – Standard Plastic “Spyder” Lens or Anodized Aluminum Lens*
- All MBS-430-Y Series Searchlights ship with an Operation Manual and Focus Adjustment Tool.
- MBS-430-Y Series Searchlights with RS-232 control ship also ship with a copy of the Interface Control Document (ICD) and an installation CD for the searchlight’s Windows-compatible Maxa Beam Control Software (MBA-GUI).
- MBS-430-Y Series Searchlights with metal connectors also ship with Mating Connector Kits that you can use to build your own power and control cables. Off-the-shelf cables are also available from Peak Beam; please inquire for details.
- MBS-430-Y Series Searchlights with plastic connectors do not include mating connectors. Mating connector kits or off-the-shelf cables are sold separately; please inquire for details.
- Output: 12,000,000 Peak Beam CandlePower (no maximum threshold; -10% minimum threshold)
- Range: 3,500 meters (1 lux on target)
- Lamp: 85 Watt Xenon Short Arc Lamp (field replaceable); instant hot/cold start and restrike
- Infrared Illumination Capability (IR Filter sold separately)
- Beam Width: 1° Spot to 40° Flood, Motorized
- Beam Intensity: 3 levels
- Strobe: User-adjustable frequency (1-31Hz) and duty cycle (3-63%)
- Control Method: Wired Remote Switches (all) and RS-232 Protocol (as indicated)
- Input Power: 12VDC
- Operating Temperature: -15°C to +60°C
- Ingress Protection: IP66 or IP67 (as indicated)
- Searchlight Body: Constructed of corrosion-resistant alodined and powder-coated Aluminum
- Mount Interface: Peak Beam’s proprietary four-point locking mechanism
- Size: 11.1 in. long x 5.74 in. diameter; 3.2 lbs
Quick-Mount Searchlights require 12VDC input. For detailed input power requirements, please consult the Operation Manual or Technical Specification. Off-the-shelf power cables and power supplies are available for use with this searchlight series; please inquire for details.
All Quick-Mount Searchlights can be controlled with wired remote controllers. For off-the-shelf controller options, visit the Wired Controllers page. For details on remote port and switch functionality, consult the Operation Manual.
Several searchlight models include an internal RS-232 computer interface. With this capability, the searchlight can be remotely controlled via computer either as a stand alone illuminator or as part of an integrated computer-controlled surveillance or security system on a pan and tilt device.
RS-232 Searchlights can be controlled using a terminal emulator such as HyperTerminal or Peak Beam’s Graphical User Interface (GUI). Computer-controlled searchlights are also frequently installed with third-party Ethernet-to-Serial servers, allowing multiple searchlights to be linked together on the same network.
MBS-430-Y Series Quick-Mount Searchlights mount using Peak Beam’s proprietary four-point locking mechanism for quick attachment with no tools required. We recommend purchasing a mount with the searchlight to allow for easy, tool-free attachment to tripods, clamps, and flat surfaces.
Removing the searchlight’s four nylon mounting feet or modifying the searchlight body is not recommended and will void the searchlight’s warranty.
ANSI Risk Group 3. Warning.
Visible and infrared radiation emitted from this searchlight.
Permanent eye damage can result. Avoid direct exposure to the beam.
- Do not look directly into the searchlight beam. Exposure of the eye to either the direct searchlight beam or a beam reflected from a flat mirror-like surface can cause permanent eye injury to the unprotected eye. Follow the same precaution even when an Infrared Filter is installed on the searchlight.
- Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance (NOHD), Visible Light: 10 meters
- NOHD, Infrared Light: 30 meters for exposures greater than 10 seconds
- Do not operate searchlight if the front lens is damaged or removed. Ultraviolet injury to skin and cornea can occur if the searchlight is operated with a damaged front lens or if the lens is removed.
- Do not allow the concentrated beam of light to be focused on flammable materials at close distances for prolonged periods of time.
- Do not operate light in an explosive environment.
- Do not touch lamp connections during operation as high voltage is present.
- Do not touch the quartz envelope of the lamp. If the lamp is accidentally touched, clean with alcohol or the solution supplied in the replacement lamp kit.
- Always wear protective eyewear, long sleeves, and gloves if removing the front lens cover. The lamp is under positive pressure and should be handled with care.
- Always disconnect searchlight from power cord when not in use, when placed in storage or when being transported to prevent accidental activation.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
Candle Power 12,000,000
Search & Rescue