Maxa Beam MBPKG-MP 12,000,000 Candlepower Motion Picture Package w/ two LiFePO4 Batteries & Storage Case
- Peak Beam Maxa Beam
- 22.00 LBS
The Maxa Beam Searchlight is featured in movies and TV shows including Alien vs. Predator, Blade, The Day After Tomorrow, Demolition Man, Earthquake, Ghost Ship, Gone in 60 Seconds, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Sahara, Sphere, True Lies, X-Files, Volcano, NCIS, CSI: Miami and Crossing Jordan.
The Maxa Beam can also be paired with drones to simulate helicopter lighting and create floating followspot effects; please contact us for details.
The Motion Picture Package includes one MBS-410 Maxa Beam Searchlight, two rechargeable batteries, and a range of color-correction filters that optimize the appearance of the searchlight’s beam for visual effects and filming.
- High intensity light for a dark scene illusion
- Distinctive sharp-edged beam reads clearly on film
- Xenon lamp has a daylight color temperature of 5600° K
- Variable degree beam goes from 1° to 40° with motor-driven one hand operation
- Steady DC Arc has three different beam intensity settings
- Motion picture package comes with four color correction filters
- Colored filters can be special-ordered in all standard gel colors
- (1) MBS-410 Searchlight
- (2) MBP-1308 Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Rechargeable Batteries
- (1) MBP-3205 100-240VAC Charger
- (1) MBA-2005 Protective Lens
- (1) MBA-8208-L 8 In. Power Cord
- (2) MBA-6005 Battery Shoulder Strap
- (1) MBA-CC85 85 Color Correction Filter (converts 5600° K to 3200° K)
- (1) MBA-CC1/2 Half Color Correction Filter (converts 5600° K to 3800° K)
- (1) MBA-CC1/4 Quarter Color Correction Filter (converts 5600° K to 4500° K)
- (1) MBA-CC1/8 Eighth Color Correction Filter (converts 5600° K to 4900° K)
- (1) MBA-6250 Medium Storage Case
SET-UP AND OPERATION
- Locate searchlight, battery and power cable.
- Attach Searchlight to Battery by lining up the four feet of the searchlight over holes in top of battery. Lower the searchlight into the holes, then slide the searchlight towards the connector end of the battery until searchlight locks in place.
- Connect the Power Cord by attaching the cord’s female end of to the searchlight’s 4-pin power connector and attaching the cord’s male end to the battery connector. To lock, rotate only the locking ring clockwise. All connections are keyed; never force connections.
- To Turn Searchlight On, press the red ON/OFF SWITCH. Searchlight starts on high power, holds setting for 2 seconds, then drops to normal power.
- To Adjust Beam Width, pull the black 4-WAY SWITCH back to increase beam width to flood. Push the 4-way switch forward to decrease beam width to spot.
- To Activate Strobe, rock and hold the 4-way switch to the left. The default setting is momentary strobe, which means that the searchlight will strobe when the 4-way switch is held to the left. Please consult the Operation Manual for instructions on how to program the left button function to continuous strobe or low beam mode.
- To Activate High Beam, rock and hold the 4-way switch to the right. The default setting is momentary high beam, which means that the searchlight will stay on high beam when the 4-way switch is held to the right. Please consult the Operation Manual for instructions on how to program the right button function to continuous high beam mode.
- To Attach a Filter, line up the three tabs on the filter with the slots on the front of the searchlight. Place filter over front of searchlight and turn filter counter-clockwise until fully seated. Filter will lock in place. Visit the Filters page to view available filter options.
The Maxa Beam Searchlight’s default switch settings can be modified with simple programming sequences. Customizable switch settings include setting the right and left button functions to “continuous” high and strobe, setting the default beam width, setting spot and flood limits, and changing the frequency of the searchlight’s strobe. Please consult the Operation Manual for programming instructions.
ANSI Risk Group 3. Warning.
Visible and infrared radiation emitted from this searchlight.
Permanent eye damage can result. Avoid direct exposure to the beam.
- Do not look directly into the searchlight beam. Exposure of the eye to either the direct searchlight beam or a beam reflected from a flat mirror-like surface can cause permanent eye injury to the unprotected eye. Follow the same precaution even when an Infrared Filter is installed on the searchlight.
- Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance (NOHD), Visible Light: 10 meters
- NOHD, Infrared Light: 30 meters for exposures greater than 10 seconds
- Do not operate searchlight if the front lens is damaged or removed. Ultraviolet injury to skin and cornea can occur if the searchlight is operated with a damaged front lens or if the lens is removed.
- Do not allow the concentrated beam of light to be focused on flammable materials at close distances for prolonged periods of time.
- Do not operate light in an explosive environment.
- Do not touch lamp connections during operation as high voltage is present.
- Do not touch the quartz envelope of the lamp. If the lamp is accidentally touched, clean with alcohol or the solution supplied in the replacement lamp kit.
- Always wear protective eyewear, long sleeves, and gloves if removing the front lens cover. The lamp is under positive pressure and should be handled with care.
- Always disconnect searchlight from power cord when not in use, when placed in storage or when being transported to prevent accidental activation.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
Candle Power 12,000,000