The L5 AWM is a hybrid magazine that combines the best features of polymer and steel magazine designs. Unique to the AWM is the one piece wrap-around hardened steel feed lip assembly that is permanently attached to an impact resistant polymer body. The hardened steel feed lips won't bend, break or deform due to rough handling or long term storage. An aggressive surface texture has been applied to the polymer body to improve gripping and retrieval from pouches. The combination of steel and polymer result in a lightweight, robust magazine tough enough for professional use.
The internal geometry of the Advanced Warfighter Magazine is a constant curve that has been maximized to feed the 5.56X45mm NATO round and has a non-tilting follower for trouble-free feeding. The feed lips are made from a single piece of precision formed steel that is hardened, then PTFE coated for corrosion resistance. The body and component materials are corrosion and chemical resistant, passing military chemical testing, including exposure to DEET.
The L5 AWM is compatible with modern weapon systems; M4/M16/AR, HK416, SCAR-L / Mk16, and the ARX160 to name a few, and is available in 20-and 30-round capacity with a translucent or opaque polymer body.
- Polymer body that is impact resistant through a wide range of temperatures
- Can be dropped onto the feed lips without damage
- Withstands 5 foot drop, fully loaded onto concrete at -40o F through +180o F
- One piece hardened steel wrap-around feed lip assembly that is permanently attached to the polymer body.
- Can be stored loaded for extended periods of time without feed lip spreading
- Steel feed lip assembly is PTFE coated for corrosion resistance.
- Body and component materials that are corrosion and chemical resistant
- Passes military chemical testing including exposure to DEET.
- The Translucent version has round count markers at 20 and 30 rounds Aggressive, non-slip surface texture
- Non-Tilt follower, Constant radius internal geometry
- Made in the USA
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)