A great tool that securely holds an upper receiver assembly for maintenance and assembly work. The removal and installation of barrels, flash hiders, gas blocks and hand guards is made much easier and simpler.
Designed to be gripped in a bench vise so that the rod is either horizontal or vertical. The upper receiver is then slid onto the rod and the rod’s integral splines enter the barrel extension and secure the barrel extension from turning.
This allows all the torque from barrel nut wrenches to go directly into the barrel extension. The receiver vise blocks transmit the turning force into the aluminum receiver, a good part of which passes through the small, easily distorted receiver index pin. With the Barrel Spline Socket Rod, marring of an upper receiver’s finish by gripping and twisting inside vise blocks is eliminated and so is the need to remove sights and mounts from the receiver’s M1913 rail.
- For all AR15/M16/M4/AR10/SR25 Type Rifles & Pistols
- Securely holds an upper receiver assembly for maintenance and assembly work
- Removal & installation of barrels, flash hiders, gas blocks and hand guards is made much easier and simpler
- Designed to be gripped in a bench vise
- Allows all the torque from barrel nut wrenches to go directly into the barrel extension.
- Cut from solid bar of 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Heat Treated to 57RC
- Black oxide Smooth finish
- Hanging hole
- Length: 5.56mm Model 11.75" / 7.62mm Model 12.750"
- Weight: 5.56mm Model 2.3 lbs. / 7.62mm Model 3.5 lbs.
- Diameter: 5.56mm Model 1" / 7.62mm Model 1.187".
- 100% MADE IN USA
Only have used it once so far. But it works like its supposed to. Replaces a few other tools that will probably never see the light of day again.
Used this with my first ar build and it did exactly as it should have. No issues and made building my ar super easy.
Handy item. I'm not torquing my upper.
Great tool. Great price. Made in USA. Makes working on my AR platforms much better and efficient. Too bad, I had not known about this before. A must have tool for Tge Black Rifle
For any serious AR builder this is a must have tool. Perfect barrel alignment, takes away torque from the upper receiver when used for the barrel nut. Versatile to use when changing muzzle brake or any other barrel related projects.
Very strong piece. Went together well with the barrels I did. Great tool !!
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)