Federal Signal Stinger Spike Systems 15.5 Foot w/Case
- Federal Signal
- 15.00 LBS
Superior Spike Penetration:
Stinger Spike System spikes are hollow. This allows air to escape at a controlled rate without causing a blowout or sudden loss of control. The spikes are 2.1" in length and are made of 304-T7 stainless steel. The XL’s 2.1" length spike acts in conjunction with our patented rock-and-tilt mechanism base. This Stinger technology effectively penetrates thicker tires to safely and quickly end pursuits involving many larger vehicles including large trucks, farm vehicles, and military-type vehicles.
The Stinger XL is a 15.5-ft wide system that covers multiple traffic lanes and is furnished with replacement spikes, safety tip guards, and a spike replacement tool in a compact, quick-deployment carrying case.
Rock and Tilt Mechanism guarantees a solid hit, every time! High-strength, hollow steel spikes will embed in and deflate all types of tires in 12-20 seconds. Fast spike strip deployment via hand-held accordion-action element.
- Quick, reliable operation
- Single, accordion-action element deploys the spike strips system almost instantly
- Extra-wide road coverage and low visibility minimizes target avoidance
- Once tire spiking occurs, a tug on the handle will quickly retract the unit and clear the road for pursuit vehicles
- Rock and tilt mechanism automatically points spikes directly at tread for full-length spike penetration 70-110 spikes per unit, depending on model
- 10 replacement spikes and replacement tool included
- When Stinger system spikes are deployed in the line of duty, Federal Signal will provide replacement spikes at no charge
- Reusable, high-strength polymer modular base designed to endure numerous pursuits and impacts in excess of 130 mph
- 15.5 Ft. - 110 spikes
- 10 replacement spikes
- Spike safety guards
- Spike replacement tool
- Quick-deployment carry case
- Case measures: 18" x 20" x 3-½"
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)