Edge Eyewear is committed to maximizing eye safety. This serious responsibility requires rigorous testing to ensure compliance with the highest national standards. Every pair of Edge glasses is subjected to the toughest tests – because tough tests create tough glasses. When it comes to something as valuable as eyesight, we wouldn’t manufacture anything less than the best.
Edge Eyewear became the first company ever to successfully produce ANSI Compliant Polarized Safety Lenses. There are two methodologies to produce polarized lenses. One method, called “thermoforming” or “heat stamping”, has never produced polarized film lenses that are strong or thick enough to withstand the intense impact tests required by the ANSI Z87+ and MCEPS standards. Polycarbonate injection molded lenses, pioneered by Edge Eyewear, contain ionized crystals that filter light in a similar manner as polarized film, yet leave the lenses thick enough to withstand the intense impact standards required by ANSI Z87+ and Military MCEPS Standards.
- Edge Tactical Eyewear glasses are fully compliant with the Trade Agreement Act and follow FTA measures.
- As a result of extensive research, Edge Tactical Eyewear meets uniform requirements for the following: All Military Branches, Police, SWAT and Tactical.
- 3x Anti-Scratch coating provides a barrier that greatly reduces the chances of your lenses becoming scratched..
- Dark Matte Logo, Not the time to draw attention.
- Non-Mirrored Lens, See them before they notice you.
- Rubberized Matte Finish, The finish that allows you to lay low.
Lens Colors: All Edge Eyewear lenses provide 99.9% protection from UVA/UVB/UVC rays.
- Polarized: Because light can be extremely harsh and blinding to the eye, Polarized lenses feature a special filtering layer that blocks out reflected light from below and glare from above. By allowing only direct light to enter, this lens maximizes the ability to see without excessive blinding light.
- Tigers Eye: Edge Eyewear is proud to be the FIRST COMPANY EVER to offer a Blue Light Filter lens in safety glasses. Blue light comes into your eye in a shorter wavelength, causing it to focus too far in front of the retina. The result is a blue blur which reduces the sharpness of things and causes eyestrain, particularly when you’re driving. Our copper-colored lenses filter out the right amount of blue light to GIVE YOU GREATER DEPTH PERCEPTION. YOUR SURROUNDINGS WILL APPEAR BRIGHTER AND SHARPER.
- G-15: The U.S. Air Force engineered this specialized technology for used in aviator lenses during the 1950s. Through extensive experimentation with the light spectrum, it was found that transmission of green and yellow light could be maximized at 550 nanometers (the two colors best perceived by the human eye). The outcome is a neutral and true-to-life perspective, which results in a noticeable cooling sensation for the eyes. Edge Eyewear is the first company ever to offer a safety-rated G-15 lens.
- Smoke: Polarized Smoke lenses provide the perfect all-around tint for bright light conditions. This popular lens color blocks the brightest sunrays without producing any color distortion. The addition of a polarizing filter increases clarity br reducing glare.
- Gradient Smoke: The Perfect all-around tint for shading in normal light conditions. Features a special filter layer that blocks out reflected light from below and glare from above. By allowing in only direct light, this lens MAXINIZES your ability to see what you want to see by eliminating glare and reflections.
- VAPOR SHIELD: Most situations can be handled with a standard anti-fog – but for extreme environments, Edge Eyewear developed a revolutionary, military grade anti-fog coating called “Vapor Shield.” It is absolutely impervious to fog.
- POLARIZED: Polarized lenses feature a special filtering layer that blocks reflected light from below and glare from above, allowing only direct light rays to enter the eye. This technology enhances clarity and visibility.
- RX AVAILABLE: For those who require visual correction, several frame styles are available with the option of adding prescription lenses. The result is a perfect combination of sight and safety.
- XL FIT: Head size varies from person to person, and average-sized glasses can present a problem for larger heads. The solution is a wider frame that not only feels comfortable, but also looks natural.
- GASKETS: For those who work in environments with high levels of airborne debris, a foam gasket is essential to increased eye safety.
- THIN TEMPLES: Thin Temples provide comfort and functionality by eliminating head pinch and allowing noise canceling and communication headssets to maintain their seal.
|G-15 Lens: Provides contrast and image definition while offering a cooling sensation to the eyes. Designed by the U.S Air Force to maximize transmission of light at 555nm (green/yellow light). A great lens for a variety of bright conditions. 15% of light lasses through this lense.|
|Tiger's Eye Len: An Excellent high-contrast lens perfect for overcast days. This lens also features Blue Filter properties, greatly reducing eye strain and fatigue while increasing depth perception. Tiger's Eye lens is engineered to be the ultimate shooting lens for the ultimate marksman. 50% of light passes through this lens.|
|Polarized Gradient Smoke Len: The Perfect all-around tint for shading in normal light conditions. Features a special filter layer that blocks out reflected light from below and glare from above. By allowing in only direct light, this lens MAXINIZES your ability to see what you want to see by eliminating glare and reflections.|
|Clear Len: Our Best lens for indoor and low light activities and conditions. Like All all Edge Eyewear, the clear lens provides 99.9% protection from UVA/UVB/UVC rays.|
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)