The Command is the most technologically-advanced Thermal Imaging bi-ocular for the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets. The Command is based on the advanced FLIR VOx microbolometer core that is suitable for a variety of uses and missions.
The Command is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and nighttime missions.
The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of the Command bi-ocular. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. Unlike the use of laser targeting or near-infrared illumination to augment night vision equipment, the Command thermal imager is extremely difficult to detect with other devices, as it emits no visible light or RF energy.
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Command models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Command models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- High-performance thermal imaging camera
- Lightweight and robust design
- Easy to operate
- Manually adjustable eyepiece and objective lens
- Real-time display
- Special user-adjustable imaging tools
- Current operational state information display
- Wireless remote control
- Analog video input and output
- Powered by two standard CR123A batteries
- Power input capability
- Digital video recorder (optional)
- Serviceability under severe conditions
- Filled with dry nitrogen to prevent internal fogging
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-years warranty on FLIR detector
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
- Magnification (NTSC/PAL): 2.8x / 3.4x
- Objective Lens Type: Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array: FLIR Tau 2
- Pixel Array Format: 336×256
- Pixel Size: 17 µm
- Display Type: AMOLED SVGA 060
- Pixel Display Format: 800x600
- Display Brightness: Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels
- Turn-on Time, max: 3 sec
- Digital Zoom: 1x, 2x and 4x
- Image Palettes: White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom
- Analog Input and Output Format (resolution): PAL (768×574 pixels)/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)
- Video Recording: Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot
- Remote Control: Wireless
SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”: Yes
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”: Yes
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”: Yes
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC): Yes
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC): Yes
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN): Yes
- Objective Focal Length: 50 mm
- Objective F-number: 1:1
- Field of View (ang.) : 7.8° x 5.9°
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 14 mm
- Eye Relief: 16 mm
- Focus Method: Manual
- Focusing Range: 5m to inf.
- Diopter Adjustment: Manual
- Diopter Adjustment Range: ±5 diopter
- Battery: Two CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)
- Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F): Up to 4 hr (optional up to 12 hrs)
- Extended Battery Pack: Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V), or four CR123 rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max, or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 8 hr)
- External Power Supply: 6 VDC/ 600mА
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +50°C (-40°F to +122°F)
- Storage Temperature: -50°C to +70°C (-58°F to +158°F)
- Overall Dimensions: 270 × 122 × 65 mm (10.6 × 4.8 × 2.6 in)
- Dimensions (without eyecup and lens cap): 237 × 106 × 65 mm (9.3 × 4.2 × 2.6 in)
- Weight (w/o Batteries): 0.8 kg (1.8 lbs)
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Warranty on FLIR Detector: 10 Years
- * All data subject to change without notice.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)