3M’s new Ultra Light Weight (ULW) Ballistic & Bump Helmet is now available for purchase.
To meet the mission and protection needs today’s law enforcement face, ULW brings three levels of head protection that address the hazards our tactical response teams face – in regard to ballistic threats, ballistic fragmentation, and blunt force trauma. The helmet shell is manufactured in the United States using Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) composites with 3M’s proprietary Seamless Ballistic molding technology. At a 1.26 lb finished shell weight (size large), the ULW is one of the lightest helmets available in the market today (for its protection level).
ULW is tested in accordance to NIJ Standard 0106.00 for Ballistic Helmets to the following NIJ 0108.00 IIIA Ballistic Resistance
- 9mm FMJ – 124gr – 1400-1450 f/s – (Vo)
- .44 Magnum – 240gr – 1400-1450 f/s – (Vo)
ULW is tested for Ballistic Fragmentation resistance in accordance to STANAG 2920 and MIL-STD-662
- .22 Caliber – 17 gr f/s V-50 >670 m/s
- Ballistic, NIJ-IIIA Helmet
- Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) composite solution
- 1.26lb Finished Shell Weight (Size Large)
- Tactical “High Cut” Style
- 3 Sizes (M/L/XL)
- Comes Standard with: Boltless Accessory Rails with removable Picatinny Adapter and provisions for NVG Counterweight and O2 Mask NVG Shroud with Bungee Cords
- Blunt Impact: with D3O Trust Pad System: tested and evaluated in accordance with DOT&E protocol for Enhanced Combat
- Helmet: GL-PD-09-04
- Boltless, Cam-Lock Adjustable, Quick Release Retention System, New 3M Boltless X-Back, Boltless Dial Adjustable System
- 3 Color Options
- Hook & Loop Appliqué available
- NVG Counterweight
- PELTOR ARC Compatible
RFQ’s, Quantity Discounts & International Sales
Follow these steps:
- Click the REQUEST A QUOTE button below the ADD TO CART button
- Fill-out the form & click SUBMIT FORM
FREE Shipping & NO Sales Tax - Nevada Residents We Pay Your Tax, Use Coupon Code: NOTAXFREE Shipping anywhere in the Continental US. As we continue to build our free shipping policy, at this current time we are excluding the following from free shipping:
- Hazardous products
- US Military APO, AE, AA, and FPO addresses
- Puerto Rico
PayPal checkout is disabled for products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.If you order restricted products with PayPal, your order will be cancelled immediately and your payment refunded.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.Click here to read PayPal's restrictions on firearms, firearm parts & ammunition.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)