The 3M Peltor COMTAC family of headsets provides tactical hearing protection for today’s modern warfighter. COMTAC has been designed specifically for use with firearms and ballistic combat helmets. The hearing protectors feature external microphones for “talk-thru” capability so today’s warfighter can maintain situational awareness while still protecting their hearing.
- Level-dependent surround sound for “talkthru” function
- Listen-only 2-way communication available
- Adjustable sizing to fi t different users
- MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
- Level-Dependant Functionality, commonly referred to as “talk thru,” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises.
- This is accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset.
- A microphone receives the sounds outside the headset and transmits them to a speaker inside the headset.
- The Level-Dependant digital audio circuit senses noise levels above the desired threshhold and compresses them to a safe decibel level or amplifi es weak sounds to an audible level.
Compression vs. Clipping
- 3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the “clipping” effect heard in common talk-thru systems.
- “Clipping” can result in missing the first syllable of important commands.
- This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
EMI - MIL STD 461E
- Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment.
- RS103 requirements.
Noise Reduction Ratings (NRR)
- NRR 20dB (per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP certifi ed - tested internally at 3M’s NAVLAP-accredited facility)
3M Peltor TEP-100E Tactical Earplugs Brochure / Data Sheet
The 3M PELTOR Tactical Earplug helps protect your hearing, and can help improve situational awareness and communications in challenging environments. Integrated with state-of-the-art level dependent technology, the TEP-100 helps provide hearing protection in noise and situational awareness in quiet environments. Communication 3M PELTOR™ level dependent technology helps provide hearing protection in noise and improves communication in quiet. Protecting hearing and improving situational awareness can help increase safety and improve productivity. Compatibility 3M PELTOR Tactical Earplug is compatible with most headborne 3M Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as helmets, hardhats, and face shields. Comfort The small and lightweight design helps improve overall comfort and user experience.
Features and Benefits
- Rechargeable electronic earplugs help reduce loud noise while amplifying low-level sounds
- Intuitive one-button operation turns unit on and off and selects high or normal volume setting
- Lithium-Ion battery provides up to 16 hours of continuous operation between charges
- Portable charging case powered by 3 AA alkaline batteries or USB (Micro B) port
- Choice of replaceable communications eartips designed to fit most ear canal sizes and rated to provide a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 23 or 30 decibels (depending on eartip type)
- Tactical earplugs and portable charging station (with cover and USB ports closed) are IP67 compliant and water resistant (immersion of up to 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Innovative microphone port design helps protect eartips against water ingress
- Portable charging station helps protect earplugs in wet and austere environments
- Compatible with most headborne Personal Protective Equipment such as helmets, hardhats, eyewear and faceshields
- Optional earplug cord can be attached to earplug for additional security
- Battery Life: 16 Hours
- Battery Type: Rechargeable
- Color: Tactical Black
- Communication Type: In-Ear Tactical
- Hearing Protection Type: In ear
- Noise Reduction Rating: 23 Decibel
- Product Series: TEP-100
- Standards/Approvals: IP67
RFQ’s, Quantity Discounts & International Sales
Follow these steps:
- Add all products & quantities you are interested in purchasing to your cart.
- Go to the CHECKOUT PAGE.
- On the bottom of the checkout page click the REQUEST QUOTE BUTTON.
- Fill-out the form & click the SUBMIT BUTTON.
FREE Shipping & NO Sales Tax - Nevada Residents We Pay Your Tax, Use Coupon Code: NOTAXFREE Shipping anywhere in the Continental US. As we continue to build our free shipping policy, at this current time we are excluding the following from free shipping:
- Hazardous products
- US Military APO, AE, AA, and FPO addresses
- Puerto Rico
PayPal checkout is disabled for products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
For those wanting to use PayPal on restricted items, you can purchase Botach Bucks using PayPal first, then complete your order using Botach Bucks. Click here to buy Botach BucksPlease note: If you order restricted products with PayPal, your order will be cancelled immediately and your payment refunded.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.Click here to read PayPal's restrictions on firearms, firearm parts & ammunition.
Great product great seller
These work by far better than the 3m peltor upper end ear muffs with the gel pads. I would highly recommend these if you are looking for a set of ear muffs without the bulk of the standard size ear muffs
Great product! Work just as described.
I've been using these for about a month in both indoor range and outdoor range situations. Under a shade structure shooting the AR with a muzzle brake, they are not as quiet as Leight Import Sports I have but adequate to shoot for an hour or so. This fine as the battery life seems to be about 2 hours. I'm unsure if the batteries last longer on the lower setting.
Outside, it may be difficult to hear the beeps telling you they are on and with wind, they become a bit distracting the voice amplification is compromised. I'd give them a 4 on comfort and a three on functionality.
Indoor, I find them to be inadequate with anything more than pistol fire but I might be more critical than others. Indoors at our local range which is 10 lane wide by 75 feet, wear foam plugs under Leight Impact sports so I can maximize noise reduction but still hear range commands when myself or others are shooting rifles.
Very comfortable, much easier to get cheekweld, not great in wind, short battery life.
All perfect! excellent product, excellent service!
The 3M Peltor TEP-100 Tactical Digital Earplugs have worked better than advertised. I have worn them for over three hours straight at the shooting range on multiple occasions. I prefer the "skull screws" which give me the best seal and are extremely comfortable. I've only had them a few months but so far they are the best electronic hearing protection I have ever used. Easy to use, reasonably priced and flawless performance. Only time will tell if they hold up but they seem to be very well made.
I am a competition shooter. I shoot matches that are anywhere from 3 hours to 8 hours long. Comfort and keeping my head and ears cool was an important factor when I bought these plugs. These plugs are great especially in hot weather. Can hear crickets chirping and cicadas buzzing when they are on, then when shots are fired it is amazing the speed they stop the sound and go right back to normal hearing levels. These are not much more than over the ear muffs and way much better in my opinion. Way cheaper than any other in electronic in-ear plugs out there. Botach had the best price I could find.
Great product for tactical use. Comfortable for all day wear at the range or hunting or working. Rechargeable Lithium battery and water proof case makes it easy to carry good hearing protection with you just about anywhere. The case also has 3 AA batteries that will recharge the earbuds in about 90 minutes and will give you about 16 charges. 9 to 16 hours of use between charges, two sensitivity levels, normal and a higher tactical level for when you need to hear better than your ears alone allow.
sure beats wearing full size hearing protection. I really like the recharge/storage case