3M Peltor Comtac III Hearing Defenders w/Gel Ear Cushion
The 3M Peltor COMTAC family of headsets provides tactical hearing protection for today’s modern warfighter. COMTAC has been designed specifically for use with firearms and ballistic combat helmets. The hearing protectors feature external microphones for “talk-thru” capability so today’s warfighter can maintain situational awareness while still protecting their hearing.
- Level-dependent surround sound for “talkthru” function
- Listen-only 2-way communication available
- Adjustable sizing to fi t different users
- MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
- Level-Dependant Functionality, commonly referred to as “talk thru,” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises.
- This is accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset.
- A microphone receives the sounds outside the headset and transmits them to a speaker inside the headset.
- The Level-Dependant digital audio circuit senses noise levels above the desired threshhold and compresses them to a safe decibel level or amplifi es weak sounds to an audible level.
Compression vs. Clipping
- 3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the “clipping” effect heard in common talk-thru systems.
- “Clipping” can result in missing the first syllable of important commands.
- This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
EMI - MIL STD 461E
- Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment.
- RS103 requirements.
Noise Reduction Ratings (NRR)
- NRR 23dB (per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP certifi ed - tested internally at 3M’s NAVLAP-accredited facility)
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
Electronic Hearing Protection
Simply the best.
Love the Peltor comtac III, really comfortable for long days on the range and great hearing quality. The gel cups conform really well and reduce the noise perfectly.
Product exactly as described, works great!
Quick delivery. Great product.
Fast response. Great price. Have already let others know about the website!
I have no need for the mic/comm capability (as of now), so it made sense to purchase this set. I've ran a MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X headset for nearly two years, but it hasn't been exactly what I wanted. I started doubling up both ear plugs and the Sordin since I noticed I was getting the tinnitus ringing effect occasionally after a trip to the range. However with the Peltor Comtac III, I have had no issue of the sort. I dared myself into just wearing the headset, and I've got no complaints in regards to filtering of the harmful decibels. My only gripe about the design is that you have to collapse muffs completely in order to fold them. I definitely will purchase another set in the future.
Second pair Pf Peltors have owned, lost the first and would not accept any other hearing protector. Simply the best I have ever used!
Great item. Great customer service.