3M Combat II Ballistic & Impact Protection Helmet 7.62mm Rifle Protection
Globally, military and police forces are seeking a state-of-the-art helmet to protect their service members from modern threats, like rifle fire and explosive devices. Ceradyne Inc., a 3M company, designed the new Combat II Ballistic Helmet L110 to meet this pressing need at a level of comfort that appeals to users. The helmet leverages 3M scientific expertise to deliver its highest ballistic protection to date, and is based on a technology that has already been proven with the U.S. military.
Designed for military combat operations and counterterrorism police missions, the Combat II L110 helmet can help protect service members from bomb fragmentations, certain rifle projectiles, handgun bullets and blunt impacts. The helmet provides protection against select small arms projectiles including V50 ballistic limit value greater than 2,400 feet per second (greater than 731 meters per second) against the 7.62 x 51 mm M80 NATO ball projectile.
“A helmet’s job first and foremost is to protect our defenders in harm’s way, and today that requires an advanced solution like the Combat II Ballistic Helmet L110,” said Cheryl Ingstad, business manager, Advanced Ceramics Platform – Defense, 3M. “Our engineers put their passion and scientific expertise toward inventing a cutting-edge helmet that gets the most from the latest advanced materials. Military and law enforcement can take comfort knowing they have a partner in 3M that deeply cares about keeping service members safe.”
The Combat II L110 helmet achieves its high level of protection without increased weight. This allows military and police forces to receive greater protection without sacrificing mobility, which is required for today’s increasingly urban missions and close-quarters combat.
To date, Ceradyne has produced tens of thousands of helmets that utilize similar technology to the L110 helmet. Ceradyne can manufacture the helmet today in large quantities, at high quality under tight timelines. Additionally, local support can be provided to customers across their program’s life cycle.
Ceradyne produces the Combat II L110 helmet with ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene composites and uses proprietary, seamless, ballistic-molding technology to form a durable protective shell. The helmet’s proven geometry allows uninhibited movement when the helmet is worn with most ballistic vests with collars. The helmet is offered in sizes small through extra-large and supports a variety of accessories and communication needs.
- Used for protection from select small arms/rifle projectiles, handgun bullets, blunt impacts and bomb fragmentation
- Provides protection against select small arms projectiles: 7.62x51mm FMJ (147 gr. NATO M80 ball round) V0 @ 2100 ft/sec (640 m/sec) and V50 ballistic limit value >2,400 f/s (>731 m/s)
- Provides fragmentation protection against 17 grain .22 cal FSP with V50 value >3,281 f/s (>1000 m/s) when tested in accordance to STANAG 2920
- Blunt impact protection meets U.S. Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH) requirements
- Meets or exceeds NIJ IIIA ballistic penetration protection standards (9mm)
- Integrated retention and pad systems provide improved protection and stability without sacrificing comfort
- Versatile design that is compatible with 3M™ PELTOR™ communications systems, goggles, gas masks and ballistic vests
- Available in a range of sizes and colors
- EAR controlled product
The 3M™ Combat II Ballistic Helmet L110 is used for protection from handgun bullets, blunt impacts, bomb fragmentation and select small arms projectiles. It is constructed with ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene and advanced ballistic fiber materials. With integrated retention and suspension systems, the L110 helmet is engineered for excellent protection in a wide range of field conditions.
Versatile Protection in a Wide Range of Field Conditions
The 3M™ Combat II Ballistic Helmet L110 helps protect against handgun bullets, blunt impacts, bomb fragmentation and select small arms projectiles, including 7.62 x 51 mm M80 NATO ball projectile with V0 @ 2100 ft/sec (640 m/sec) and V50 ballistic limit value >2460 fps (>750 m/s). The 3M combat II ballistic helmet L110 also provides fragmentation protection against 17 grain .22 cal FSP at >3,281 f/s (>1000 m/s) V50 when tested in accordance to STANAG 2920. The L110 is resistant to penetration against NIJ IIIA threats.
The versatile geometry of the helmet is similar to the U.S. Army Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH) and allows for the use of accessories, such as 3M™ PELTOR™ communications systems, eye, ear and respiratory protection. The design of the 3M combat II ballistic helmet L110 includes a trim contour for an extra wide eye-port opening for maximum peripheral vision. The helmet also has a specially-engineered neck trim for providing enhanced coverage without limiting movement when used in tandem with most ballistic vests.
The 3M combat II ballistic helmet L110 uses an integrated retention system built from tubular nylon webbing which is reinforced with double bar tacked stitching in critical areas. In addition, it comes with an adjustable, smooth slide lock system and a padded strap for the nape of the neck which enhances stability for a secure fit. The D30® Trust Helmet Pad System inside the helmet includes one circular crown pad, two trapezoidal pads and four oblong pads which is designed to reduce the force of blunt trauma while wicking away perspiration.
The 3M combat II ballistic helmet L110 is available in four sizes, ranging from small to extra-large. Maximum weight (with three-quarter inch pads and 4 point retention system installed) is as follows: small 2.94 lbs (1.33 kg), medium 3.06 lbs (1.39 kg), large 3.31 lbs (1.50 kg), extra-large 3.88 lbs (1.76 kg). It is available in three color options: Black, Green and Brown.
- Resistant to penetration (V0) from a 9 mm Full Metal Jacketed Round Nose bullet with a nominal mass of 124 grains in accordance with NIJ 0106.01 at 1400 (+50) feet per second at 0° obliquity
- Provides protection against select small arms projectiles including 7.62 x 51 mm M80 NATO ball projectile with V50 ballistic limit value >2,400 f/s (>731 m/s)
- Ballistic transient deformation of the helmet shell does not cause a deformation in clay in excess of 25 mm when tested against 9 mm projectile at 1400 (+50) feet per second (426 m/s) at 0° obliquity according to the US ACH CO/PD-05-04
- Provides fragmentation protection against 17 grain .22 caliber FSP at >3,100 ft/s (>1000 m/s) V50 when tested in accordance to STANAG 2920
Blunt Impact Performance
- Meets the US ACH standard
FREE Shipping & NO Sales Tax
In a competitive market, you must stay competitive. Already known as a low price leader we are trying to do more by offering free shipping & no sales tax to give all our customers as an added value.
FREE Shipping anywhere in the Continental US. As we continue to build our free shipping policy, at this current time we are excluding the following from free shipping:
- Hazardous products
- US Military APO, AE, AA, and FPO addresses
- Puerto Rico
We will contact you if your order does not qualify for free shipping and advise you of your options.
As a Nevada-based company, we are only required to collect sales tax for orders shipped within the state. NOTAX Coupon applies to retail-priced products only, the offer does not include firearms, ammunition, and products on sale.
PayPal checkout is disabled for products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
For those wanting to use PayPal on restricted items, you can purchase Botach Bucks using PayPal first, then complete your order using Botach Bucks. Click here to buy Botach BucksPlease note: If you order restricted products with PayPal, your order will be cancelled immediately and your payment refunded.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.Click here to read PayPal's restrictions on firearms, firearm parts & ammunition.