Rail covers perform several functions. Added gripping surface, protects rails in un-mounted areas, protects operator from being cut with uncovered rails, prevents gear from hanging-up or being cut and as a locator for positioning attachments such as night vision, etc. Low profile covers are also known as ladder covers, full profile covers are a solid panel.
- Clip directly onto Picatinny rail configurations on handguards
- 1 3/4" size covers five slots
- Three 1 3/4" covers per M-4 rail section
- 6" will cover 18 slots.
- Cover will be slightly longer than needed, can be trimmed to fit.
- For other sizes of rail covers, measure handguard picatinny rail, allow approximately 1/2" of total length for ends. Multiple covers can be used together for long handguards.
- Full profile covers completely cover the rail, low profile covers cover only the rail grooves